Thursday, October 30, 2008

McCain Gains ground?


In the last few days, the campaign of John McCain seems to be gaining ground on the favorite Barack Obama. Obama's lead in the polls is down to 49-44 suggests that there is still a possibility that. The article says that even a few days ago, Obama's lead was at least three percent larger than today. The article goes on to say that in the 04' election, John Kerry had a lead over Bush with a week to go, but Bush pulled through. It also cited that in 2000, Al Gore was down by a few percent with a week to go but ended up winning the popular vote. Although Obama enjoys a massive lead in states such as Minnesota which is 56-37% (Star Tribune) this race could be undecided until November 4th and could be one of the closest ever. I am very surprised by this because the recent polls have shown McCain way down, and have continued to drop since October 1st. I still am not completely sure who I want to win this, but it will be an exciting election.

3 comments:

Erik P. said...

There are two sources whose info and poles I will never believe. The McCain campaign and Fox news. I'm sorry, but I find that a campaign that publishes its own report on their campaign (like McCain and his own separate trooper-gate report and when a news poll puts McCain up fifteen points more than everyone else) I just can't believe it. I think that the idea of McCain is gaining ground is just Republican-generated hype.

Justin Z said...

I can't imagine sitting in McCain's spot. Who said the last quote? And what book is this? Even still this is something I thought about before the election too. What goes through the candidates minds? Sometimes you can see and other times no. Some people are over confident but I saw McCain as a possible doubter. He played extremely well if that was the case. He didn't show it. Erik you must be a heavy democrat. You'd find that the democrats do the same thing. Everyone cheats to make their guys look bigger and better. I'm not republican or democrat. I vote for the better man for the job. "Border bounder" of the parties they call people like me. I get why parties put thier man up in poles but at the same time I don't get it. It really does no one any good what so ever. What the vote is, the vote is. Showing false data doesn't mean anything.

Quinn J said...

"I vote for the better man" Justin, it could be a women. You're sexist.